Frequently Asked Questions
- Where is guest parking? Guest parking is in the back parking lot by the door. Greeters will be happy to show you around when you get in the doors. Handicap accessible parking is in the front of the church by the street. Someone will be there to help if it is needed.
- What do I wear? Clothing. The 5 pm service on Saturday and 8:15 am service on Sunday are more casual, but you are welcome in any service in any attire.
- What is worship like? We have three services. The Saturday 5 pm service is contemporary in music and feel. The Sunday 8:15 am service is casual and laid back (and there is coffee). The Sunday service at 10:45 is traditional in style, although there are fresh elements in the service to give it an updated feel. Whatever service you decide to attend, you will be met and warmly welcomed, but we will not call attention to you as a visitor.
- What is there for my kids? We have ministries for children and youth through out the year. Some include summer camps, VBS, ReMix midweek program, youth groups, and children's church. Check out our MInistries page for more information.
- How do I join the church? You can join the church by profession of faith in Jesus and baptism, moving your membership from another congregation, confirmation, rededication or reaffirmation of faith. For more information on joining the church, please contact the pastor.
- How do I join a group? We have a variety of small groups available, and more are forming this fall. If you are interested in a particular small group, contact the church office for more information and contact information of the facilitator.
- Why do you have children's church? Children's church is provided for families. Some parents prefer for their children to stay in worship with them. There are 'busy bags' for your children to have during the worship service. Other parents get more out of worship if they are not worried about their children being a distraction. Rest assured--your children are welcome in worship. We have children's church for the parents as well as the children who would get more out of a smaller setting.
- How do I get involved in a ministry area? We at St. Paul's see a large component of our faith and discipleship journey is in serving. If you have a particularly ministry you are passionate about, we would love to help you get plugged into service.
- What denomination is St. Paul's affiliated with? We are a part of the United Methodist Church. Information about what it means to be a United Methodist can be found at UMC.org or you may come to a month 'coffee with the pastor' to learn more about St. Paul's and United Methodism. You can also check out our "What we Believe" page for more information.
- How do I contact the church for special services (a wedding or a funeral), or to use the building? You can email us at office@StPaulsLawton.org or call us at 580-355-5757. Someone will get back with you quickly if we are not in the office at the time.